This recipe was one my mum had in her many cook books and is my great auntie Joan’s recipe. I remember mum used to make these for us when we were younger. I thought I’d share it with you, and also test out my tray bake skills.
What you will need . . .
– 8oz of crushed digestive biscuits
– 3-4oz of melted margarine
– 1oz Demerara sugar
– 3oz of chopped walnuts
– 2oz of flaked almonds
– 3oz of chopped cherries (I don’t really like cherries so I did 2oz cherries and 1oz sultanas)
– 1 small tin of condensed milk
What you need to do . . .
1. Melt together the margarine and sugar, crush the biscuits and add them together.
Hope you try them out and enjoy them!