2. Type enrolment in to the website’s search engine at the top right hand side
3. Once you search for enrolment this page will come up . . .
4. Click on Pre-school enrolment and this page will then come up . . .
5. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and . . .
6. Click to download the Pre-school booklet, this gives you information on how to fill in the application form and the schools in the Board’s area, including the admissions criteria for each setting.
7. Click on Pre-school Application, this will automatically download your application form which you can then print off and fill in
SO WHAT DO YOU DO NOW THAT YOU HAVE THE APPLICATION FORM?
MAKE SURE YOU FILL IN THE FORM IN BLACK PEN ONLY!!!!
– Section A – this is where you fill in your child’s personal information
– Section B – This is where you want to write down your pre-school choices.
*Put down as many choices as possible that you would be willing to send your child to, the more you have the more options you have if you don’t get into your first choice. On the other hand don’t just write down somewhere you would never want your child to go to just encase that is somewhere you end up being offered.
*Put down both part time and full time places as your options, as full time places may fill up quicker than part time ones
*Make sure you don’t leave the reason area blank, as this will help when it comes to shortlisting. The reason you want to write down should be one you have found in the pre-school booklet – i.e. brother/sister currently attends the setting, oldest child in the family, or live in the area BT_
– Don’t forget to tick if your child is being assessed for Special Educational Needs . . .
– Section C – fill this in and get it stamped by the Social Security Office if you receive Income Support, Income-Based Jobseeker’s Allowance.
You can skip this section if it does not apply to you.
– Section D – Make sure to sign and date your application form
Now that you have your application form filled it you want to return it to the first choice on your list, they will then submit it to the Education Board. YOU MUST HAVE THIS ALL FILLED IN AND RETURNED BY 12 NOON FRIDAY 10 JANUARY 2014!!
Alongside your application form you need to bring along
– your child’s birth certificate (the setting will take a copy of this)
– a bank or building society statement which shows the address at which the child is resident
– a utility bill (i.e. electric, gas, tv licence or telephone) which shows the address at which the child is resident
– a letter awarding child benefit to the child or another letter relating or this benefit
– the child’s medical card
It’s as easy as that! If you need any help or have any questions please just comment below!