2. Type enrolment in to the website’s search engine at the top right hand side
3. Once you search for enrolment this page will come up . . .
4. Click on Primary One enrolment and this page will then come up . . .
5. Click to download the Primary booklet, this gives you information on how to fill in the application form and the schools in the Board’s area, including the admissions criteria for each setting.
6. Click on Primary Application, this will automatically download your application form which you can then print off and fill in
SO WHAT DO YOU DO NOW THAT YOU HAVE THE APPLICATION FORM?
MAKE SURE YOU FILL IN THE FORM IN BLACK PEN ONLY!!!!
– Section A – this is where you fill in your child’s personal information
– Section B – This is where you want to write down your primary school choices.
*Put down as many choices as possible that you would be willing to send your child to, the more you have the more options you have if you don’t get into your first choice. On the other hand don’t just write down somewhere you would never want your child to go to just encase that is somewhere you end up being offered.
*Make sure you don’t leave the reason area blank, as this will help when it comes to over subscription. The reason you want to write down should be one you have found in the Primary Booklet –If the school is over-subscribed the following criteria will apply in the order set down:-
1. Only children of compulsory school age will be admitted.
2. Pupils who will have an older brother/sister, half-brother and/or half-sister enrolled at the school in September 2015.
3. Proximity to the school measured by the shortest suitable pedestrian route.
– Don’t forget to tick if your child is being assessed for Special Educational Needs or is the oldest child
– Section C – Make sure to sign and date your application form
Now that you have your application form filled it you want to return it to the first choice on your list, they will then submit it to the Education Board. YOU MUST HAVE THIS ALL FILLED IN AND RETURNED BY 12 NOON FRIDAY 10 JANUARY 2014!!
Alongside your application form you need to bring along
– your child’s birth certificate (the setting will take a copy of this)
– a bank or building society statement which shows the address at which the child is resident
– a utility bill (i.e. electric, gas, tv licence or telephone) which shows the address at which the child is resident
– a letter awarding child benefit to the child or another letter relating or this benefit
– the child’s medical card
It’s as easy as that! If you need any help or have any questions please just comment below!