Granted it’s not the best picture but this is the most amazing ham that we make every Christmas! Given to me by Ryan’s mum it’s a favourite in our house and never lasts long, hot or cold this is the perfect Christmas treat!
HOW TO MAKE IT YOURSELF . . .
-500ml tin/bottle of quality apple cider (i.e. one you would drink yourself)
– half a packet of brown sugar
– soy sauce a good glug (about half a cup, have a taste, you don’t want it too salty)
1. Add the ham/gammon, cider, brown sugar and soy sauce to a pot and boil for about 3hrs or as long as needed for the size of meat – check with a knife if it is cooked
2. Drain the ham from the pot, keeping the liquid and remove the fat from the meat
3. Preheat the oven to 220 oC
4. Place the ham on a roasting dish and pour over the remaining liquid and cover with tinfoil
5. Cook for an hour basting the ham every 15-20 mins with the liquid in the dish
6. After an hour do one last basting, cover with tinfoil, turn off the oven and leave it in there overnight
AND THAT’S IT!
Very simple and so easy to do, either serve it at room temperature or reheat it before you want to eat it.
NOM, NOM, I CAN’T WAIT FOR MINE!