On the constant search for something healthy, tasty and low in calories I came up with this tasty Quinoa Greek Salad Recipe. This recipe will do me 3 servings and that is 185 calories per serving or 555 calories for the lot.
– 1/2 cup of uncooked quinoa
– 2 tablespoons of sliced olives (not the ones in oil or brine, I use Sainsbury’s which are in water)
– 2 salad tomatoes (I would usually use cherry or plum tomatoes but I had none)
– 1/4 of a cucumber (centre removed, this is the watery bit, doing this makes it last longer)
– 2 tablespoons of finely chopped red onion
– 50g feta cheese
– 1 teaspoon of olive oil
– 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
1. Boil your quinoa in pot as directed on the packet, I cooked mine about 8 minutes
2. In the meantime chop up your onion finely, cut the tomatoes into chunks, or in half if you are using cherry or plum tomatoes
3. Drain and slice your olives
4. Cut your cucumber in half and scrape out the centre (this is the watery bit, if you will eat it all straight away you don’t need to remove this) then cut into pieces
5. Once your quinoa has been cooked and drained leave it to cool, once cooled place in a bowl, add the chopped tomatoes, olives and cucumber
6. Crumble in the feta cheese, add the olive oil, dried oregano and season with a little salt and pepper then mix together
AND THAT IS IT, EASY AS THAT!
Simple and easy to make, to have on it’s own or as a side salad or perhaps with some fish or meat.
Hope you try it out and enjoy, and of course I would love to hear what you think of it!