Doing Jodie’s nails got me in the mood to change mine and follow through with the thought of these style nails on my own hands.
My Cath Kidston inspired nails . . .
These nails are so easy to do so I’m going to show you how . . .
1. Start of with clean nails (I decided on a base coat too because this green can stain)
2. Paint your nails with a base colour, this can be any colour you like, on Jodie’s nails we went for a blue and on mine a light green
3. Decide what nails you want to paint your flowers on. Pick a colour you want to use (I chose pink) and make sure you have a light shade and a darker. Paint random spots with your light polish like the picture below
4. Once dry use your darker shade to highlight. If its a nail art pen use it and if not use a cocktail stick dipped into the polish to draw random swirly lines like this picture
5. For the leaves you want to use a green, again either with a nail art pen or using the cocktail stick technique. I do two leaves on each flower, just lines really, they don’t need to look like perfect leaves
6. On the other nails you can do dots, or stripes, whatever you want really. I chose dots and stripes (using my nail art pen) and gold square embellishments I stuck on with clear polish.
7. When your nails have dried finish with a clear top coat to steal the nail and make your design ‘pop’
There you go as easy as that, why not try these out yourself?
Lots of love